According to guest reviews, the hotel has been rated as
The perfect Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa Giza is set within 1.9 miles from the limestone Great Sphinx of Giza Statue with easy access to restaurants and bars. It offers this 5-star designer hotel with WiFi in public areas.
This business hotel in Giza is located in Giza district.
Giza to Cairo STP bus station is located 10 minutes away from this boutique property on foot.
Welcoming guests to a balcony and a sitting area, the rooms are furnished with a writing table. Some rooms are fitted with a private bathroom. Featuring a roll in shower and a separate toilet, the bathrooms also have hair dryers and bathrobes.
Eat & Drink
Breakfast is served in the restaurant each morning. Felfela serves Middle Eastern and Egyptian dishes and lies within 450 feet away.
A full breakfast is served at affordable prices.
Wireless internet is available in the entire hotel for free.
Private parking is possible on site at USD 10 per day.
Number of floors: 6. Number of rooms: 544.
Former name: le meridien pyramids hotel & spa
USD 10 per day
24-hour room service
Bar/ Lounge area
Outdoor swimming pool
Indoor swimming pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- 24-hour services
- Food/ Drinks
- Fitness/ Gym
- Swimming pool
Sports & Fitness
- Fitness center
- Tennis court
- Airport shuttle
- 24-hour room service
- Car rental
- Dry cleaning
- Wedding services
- Limousine service
- Medical facilities service
- Wake up service
- Stores/Commercial services
- Bell staff/Porter
- Bar/ Lounge area
- Free breakfast
- Business center
- Babysitting/Child services
- Children's pool
- Children's play area
Spa & Leisure
- Indoor swimming pool
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Spa & wellness center
- Turkish bath
- City view
- Pool view
- Landscape view
- Air conditioning
- In-room safe
- Sitting area
- Tea and coffee facilities
- Turndown service
- Ironing facilities
- Hair dryer
- Free toiletries
- Flat-screen TV
- Direct dial telephone
- AM/FM alarm clock
- Carpeted floor
Rooms and availability
Bed options:1 King-size bed
325 sq. feet
Bed options:2 Single beds
280 sq. feet
Bed options:1 King-size bed
280 sq. feet
- City landmarks
Everything about this well maintained hotel was FANTASTIC, including staff and views. Regarding price, think it's good value for Giza.
Welcoming stuff, excellant stay, comfy bedroom. Hotel was 2 km away from the great sphinx. It was not far from everything and the view was exceptional.
Large room with impressive views of the pool area and pyramids, are a 10 minute walk away. It has two pools, one very large and one smaller with hot water and views of the pyramids. waiters will bring you whatever you ask for wherever you are. It looks very clean all the accommodation. Breakfast is quite complete compared to what they serve in the rest of the country. In general it is an accommodation that I would totally recommend.
The hotel is very big and at the reception they only have two people attending, so there are long queues and waits. On arrival they had us waiting for 2 hours to give us the room, and although they already say that the check-in is at 14h, you expect that in an accommodation of these characteristics and for what you pay these things do not happen, I do not know if it is a problem of lack of communication with the cleaning or lack of staff. Inside the big pool there is a bar attached to the bar where there is supposed to be someone attending, we asked if they could serve us there and they said no. They have an extremely low temperature in the common areas, cold raisins.
- The location's dreamy. Seeing the pyramids of Cheops and Kephren while you're swimming in the pool is amazing.
- The check-in process was an odyssey. I got a practice kid who was left alone and couldn't find my reservation. I didn't know how to record personal information and also his English level was pretty bad so it was complicated. - The wifi sucked. I had to complain 3 times until they finally put a modem inside the room and there I finally had internet. - Breakfast leaves a lot to be desired. - The rooms need urgent improvement and rehabilitation. - The carpet smells bad. - The cleaning of the rooms leaves a lot to be desired. Except for the location which is wonderful, the rest disappointed me because we are talking about a Meridien hotel that I have been in others and you really feel in a cared and luxurious place, something that in this one in Cairo I could not feel.
location is excellent. From the pool to see the pyramids... wifi worked inside the hotel (not so in the pool area). cleaning is very good and hotel facilities are very good. food is excellent!
We were quite disappointed with the attention of the staff. When we arrived, we were served by a rather badly-mannered lady. There are body languages and signs that are universal even if we don't understand their language... when you are on vacation, you expect to be attended with a smile (which is NOT the case) and above all with education... that is to be expected in any hotel, and even more so if we are talking about a hotel of such magnitude as the one in question. On the other hand we felt cheated... by a taxi to the airport they wanted to charge us double (to be precise 70% more) that what they had charged us to arrive... which forced us to hire a UBER, that besides being super reliable is excellent. We spent a nice stay thanks to the facilities ... but that hotel is missing time to reach the 5 stars.
Location was good if you want to stay close to pyramids however there is no much else around the hotel and it's not in the best location for tourists. Not a place I would feel safe.
* No aircon in reception, it was extremely hot when we arrived. for a hotel that claims to be 5 star it was extremely poor. They were also very slow to check us in. When I arrived I handed them my booking form from Booked.net and they had cancelled my booking as the credit card I had provided has been lost and a new one issued and they had attempted to deduct the cost of room but credit card did not work so they just cancelled it even though the terms and conditions stated that they would not deduct from my credit card and I could choose what I would pay with on arrival - When I asked them why they said it was T&C and they would not honor the original booking which meant I had to pay for the room at a higher rate. Very poor experience as amt we had budged to pay was much higher. Hotel was not in a tourist friendly location - It was Ramadam so everything was closed and there was a lot of restrictions on times things opened and closed. Also most staff were muslim and not very girl friendly when I asked a question they would not look at me but only look at my husband as if I did not exist. Pool closed very early for an international resort 6:30 or sunset and the guy that looked after the pool was very rude and arrogant and not customer focused at all as just wanted everyone out of the pool when still very early in a very HOT country and would take everyones towls just cause he wanted to get out of there - He did this to my mother an elderly woman which was extremely disrespectful - A complaint was put through at hotel regarding this. 2nd night the airconditioning did not work in any of the hotel rooms we had booked which were 3 and even through we called several times to complain as it was extremely hot 35degrees in rooms nothing was done or acknowledged. Horrible hotel and hotel management and would never stay or recommend this place to anyone else!!
Hotel facilities are extremely nice. Good restaurant.
Service are not as good as it is reasonable to expect in a five star hotel. Bathroom was small, no drinks in frigobar, wifi too expensive. Overall, a good stay, but I would qualify the services as a 4 star hotel.
The things I liked the most about the hotel is the style , the pyrmids view rooms ! the food and the bed :d
Expect a disasterous experience at Le Meredien Pyramids. There is no way that this hotel is a five star hotel, three stars at max. With deception right from when you check-in as the front office staff tries to deceive you into a down-grade. Breakfast buffet sucks although plenty of low quality choices, and staff are the least friendly I met from around the world. It is a very over-priced hotel for the facilities, amenities, and services. The one good thing about this hotel is the illy espresso they offer. Everything else is very poor. If you are lost for choices in Cairo, try out this hotel :(
view of pyramids, the food and the pool
constant tip expectations.
Location, very close to the Pyramids. Stayed in the new section which is excellent. Staff friendly and ever willing to assist. Concierge was extremely efficient. Organised an excellent guide and tour. Bathrooms have speakers through so you can listen to your favourite music while enjoying a really great shower. Bedding is crisp, clean, bed was comfortable. Room service is quick.
No kettle in the room, iron to be requested as well as hair dryer available on request. Pillows were too flat, needed to be replaced.
The hotel was clean, very neat and the staff were friendly and helpfull
They need to install a coffe making facilities in the rooms
Only good thing good in this hotel is the pyramids view.
Wi-fi internet system is terrible.
The view of the pyramids. The comfortable room, beds and bathroom. The lobby bar. The taxi and guide service provided by Saad Shaheed. The range of food provided to meet needs of many cultures. The friendliness and helpfulness of staff despite difficult times in Egypt at the moment. The level of security provided.
The price of breakfast was too high as we enjoy a simple breakfast of cereal and tea coffee and juice. There should be more alternatives to your set price menus for all meals. There is a lack of information for tourists eg free maps etc. The information booklet in our room should contain a map of the hotel and all its facilities. The bar fridge has no supplies. A small bottle of water should be supplied daily for free as other hotels of this standard do. The breakfast chef who cooks eggs for guests needs further training. Fried and poached eggs should not be cooked at a high heat and in a rush. As guests arrive for breakfast staff should say that it is a buffet style where you help yourself and that tea and coffee can be ordered from waiters. Other guests asked us what they should do.
the new swimming pool with the view on the pyramids is really nice. And it's possible to go to the pyramids by foot from there...